Welcome to the first, virtual hands-on OpenShift Developer Roadshow!
We've built 4 modules for you to follow. You can register for all 4 of them (which is highly recommended of course), or you can pick and choose the ones most appealing to you.
Part 1 - Nov 19: Optimizing exiting applications
Part 2 - Nov 26: Debugging, Monitoring and Continuous Delivery
Part 3 - TBC Jan '21: Control Cloud Native Apps with Service Mesh
Part 4 - TBC Jan '21: Advanced Cloud Native with Event-Driven Serverless
This module shows how developers can get more insights into their applications before and after they hit production using Red Hat Runtimes and OpenShift to debug and monitor application behavior and performance. Once the app is ready to go into production, the module shows how to continuously deploy those applications to the cloud safely and consistently.
- Competitive pressures require faster innovation and time to market to avoid being left behind
- Inefficient use of budget due to Lack of insights into application utilization and behavior over time
- Cost of 'keeping the lights on' reduces innovation budgets
- Typical processes for provisioning environments to app teams are slow
- Complexity in managing multiple environments
- Generic APM tools can't provide deep application-specific insights
Goal of module:
To show how to debug, instrument, deploy and monitor a modern microservice application continuously using CI/CD automated pipelines and application monitoring features in OpenShift.
Kevin Dubois, Senior Solution Architect, Red Hat
Also register for the OpenShift Developer Roadshow Part 1:
Optimizing existing applications
November 19th I 9.00am - 12:00pm