The RHEL 8 workshop is meant for anyone who has any exposure to Linux, whether you have used this distribution, or not. The event will begin with a short overview and then will move on to the lab.
Date: Thursday, 11 November 2021
Time: 10:00am - 2:00pm AEDT
This workshop will cover the features, specifications and improvements that comprise the release of Red Hat Enterprise Linux Version 8 (RHEL 8). RHEL 8 brings many improvements over previous releases, including:
- Application streams, which enables the use of bleeding-edge interpreters, compilers and libraries, while maintaining full backward compatibility and stability of the system
- The web console has been completely overhauled, and significant new features have been added
- Session recording capability has been added to the web console
- Image builder provides the easy creation of customized RHEL installation images
- The system package management tool, YUM, has been enhanced with DNF technology, providing significant performance improvements
- The System Purpose tool has been enhanced to automatically tune system performance for the usage of the system
- There is a new update-crypto-policies tool, which applies cryptographic policies system-wide
- TLS, IPsec, DNSSEC, Kerberos, and SSH protocols are covered
- The system Python interpreter has been updated to version 3.6
- System firmware updating is now built into the GNOME Software tool, using fwupd
- The system firewall has been upgraded to 'nftables' from 'iptables', which provides significantly better performance. The firewall manager, 'firewalld', remains the same
Who should attend:
- Technical Leads
- Operations Engineers
What you will learn:
- What’s new in RHEL 8
- How to use the web console
- How to update your system
- How to manage terminal session recording
- How to manage containers with podman
- How to manage system-wide cryptographic policies
- How to manage application streams
- How to use OpenSCAP
- How to create custom container images with buildah
- How to use RHEL system roles with ansible
- Participate. We are going to cut you loose with RHEL.
- Have questions. Have opinions.
- Have your laptop with you.
Don’t miss this opportunity to hear directly from our experts!
Register today to secure your seat.
Questions? Please contact Rebecca Innes, email@example.com.