Automate all things networking with Red Hat Ansible & Red Hat Ansible Tower.
Join Ansible technical experts, for a virtual hands-on workshop where you will gain a comprehensive overview of Ansible, followed by a deep dive into Ansible Tower and how the two work together in typical networking environments.
You will be equipped with the skills to take back to your organisation and implement right away.
In this workshop, you will learn the following:
Red Hat Ansible Engine
- Basic understanding of what Ansible is and how it works with networking devices
- Running ad-hoc Ansible commands from a command line
- Building and execution of playbooks to accomplish basic router connectivity
- Use Case: Backing up network configurations
- Use Case: Create a GRE tunnel
- Use Case: Additional router configurations
- Introduction to Roles: Making playbooks reusable and platform agnostic
Red Hat Ansible Tower
- Installing Ansible Tower
- Configuring Ansible Tower
- Use Case: Creating and running a job template
Who should attend:
- This workshop is geared toward network operators, network engineers, cloud administrators, DevOps engineers, security professionals and anyone interested in network automation.
Requirements for attendees:
- An internet connection is required. Attendees must come with a laptop with admin rights and the ability to SSH to a lab environment hosted in a public cloud.
- Attendees should have working knowledge of using SSH and command line shell (BASH) as well as a conceptual understanding of linux system administration (how to use simple commands like cd, ls, mv, mkdir, etc).
- Attendees should have working knowledge of at least one Linux text editor (nano, pico, vi/vim, zile, emacs) with which to write Ansible playbooks.