Virtual workshop details
Date: May 5, 2020
Time: 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. EDT
Format: Virtual instruction with interactive labs
*The first 25 attendees will have access to the lab environment. Everyone afterwards will get access to the virtual overflow room where you can observe an instructor going through the lab.
You are invited to the upcoming, virtual Red Hat Infrastructure for Windows Administrators workshop.
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® is the gold standard for open source Linux enterprise infrastructure. It also forms the basis for the industry leading Ansible automation and OpenShift Platform as a Service offerings found in Fortune 2000 digital enterprises. For Microsoft Windows Server based teams, implementing a solid Red Hat reference architecture may seem overwhelming.
The purpose of this workshop is to show Windows administrators how to setup a proper base RHEL infrastructure and integrate existing Windows infrastructure. We will discuss the RHEL equivalents of Windows infrastructure tools and best practices for integration. The workshop will provide hands on labs on how to install RHEL on bare metal or VMWare, connect it to Satellite 6 for patch management, implement Red Hat Identity Manager for Active Directory integration, and setup shared file systems. At the end of the demonstration, a Windows user will be able to login to a fully managed RHEL servers and access shared Windows storage.
The day's hands-on workshops include:
- What are the benefits of Red Hat Enterprise Linux?
- Why use Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Server Infrastructure?
- What are the Red Hat equivalents to Windows server tools?
- Intro to Red Hat Satellite 6 Server for Provisioning
- Intro to Red Hat Identity Manager Server for Active Directory Integration
- Key considerations when installing a RHEL footprint
- Installing Satellite 6
- Installing RHEL via Satellite 6
- Installing Red Hat Identity Manager
- Integrating Satellite 6 with Red Hat Identity Manager
- Integrating Active Directory with Red Hat Identity Manager
- Setting up shared storage between Windows and Linux
- Enabling login and sudo access to RHEL servers with Windows Credentials
- Implementing orchestration and scaling