Migrating Applications to OpenShift Technical Workshop
You are invited to the upcoming, free Migrating Applications to OpenShift workshop coming to Boston on May 19th.
OpenShift has become the leading platform as a service (PaaS) to migrate legacy applications. A fully integrated, secure and scalable container orchestration environment, today's companies are using OpenShift by Red Hat to power their DevOps fueled digital transformation through the migration of legacy apps and greenfield software development projects.
Join our technical experts from OpenShift by Red Hat for a half-day, hands-on workshop followed by an open bar happy hour where you can talk shop with experienced OpenShift engineers over drinks and appetizers!
The day's hands-on workshops include:
- What is OpenShift?
- Why OpenShift over open source and public cloud solutions?
- Benefits of containers and orchestration
- Key considerations when migrating legacy applications
- Key considerations for developing new applications
- Key factors for refactoring applications to microservices
- Installing OpenShift
- Creating projects
- Implementing container and orchestration security
- What is Git?
- What is Jenkins?
- Integrating OpenShift with Git and Jenkins
- Configuring basic CI/CD pipeline
- Implementing orchestration and scaling
Who should attend: DevOps engineers, operations engineers, systems engineers, release engineers, system administrators, developers, operations staff, network engineers, security professionals and anyone interested in IT automation.
Attendees should have working knowledge of using SSH and command line shell (BASH) as well as a conceptual understanding of Linux system admin, DevOps, and distributed application architecture.
Attendees must bring a laptop with ADMIN rights and the ability to SSH to a lab environment hosted in a public cloud.